- Read some blogs, made some notes and put them on my Kindle - see Links
- Downloaded some GPS tracks - only one of which I actually used - see Files
- Made a gear list and packed my bag - see Gear Review
- Made a shopping list for food and consumables (eg batteries, tissues) - see Food
- Did my digital packing - see Technology
- Filled my iPod
- Prepared my GPS with maps and tracks
- Recharged all my batteries
- Bought an exceptional book for my Kindle (The Worst Journey in the World) which had the powerful effect of making all this seem incredibly easy and soft!
- Backed up my camera cards and cleared them
- Sent a couple of people my route plan and proposed dates for each stage
- Bought a ticket to Iceland... on WOW!
Tuesday, 29 July 2014
I did very little preparation for this hike: